- How can I access the portal?
- What is my username and password?
- Where do I report issues with the Portal?
- What are the Technical requirements for using the Portal?
- What other types of information can I find on the Portal?
- How do I access campus applications such as WebCT and Banner Web?
- How do I enter my log-on credentials for an application under the Campus Applications section?
- Do I need to sign into any of the applications once I login?How do I post a message to the discussion board?
Q.How can I access the portal?
A. To access the mySpelman Portal:
- Go to URL address https://my.spelman.edu or from the Spelman Homepage, click mySpelman (upper right hand corner)
- On the portal entry page, enter your username and password. Your username and password are the same as your network username and password.
- Click the Log In button. The portal homepage will appear.
Q: What is my username and password?
A: Your username is the same as your email username, and your password is your network password.
Q: Where do I report issues with the Portal?
A: You can report an issue with the Portal by completing the Portal Help Form located on the Portal login page. To access the Help Form:
- On the main tool bar, click Portal Help
- Under Portal Support enter your information and the problem in the box provided.
Q: What are the Technical requirements for using the Portal?
A:The following Internet Browsers are recommended:
|Google Chrome 10+|
|Internet Explorer 7+|
Q: What other types of information can I find on the Portal?
A: You can view live RSS feeds from Inside Spelman and Spelman Campus News.
Q: How do I access campus applications such as Spelelearn (Moodle) and SpelServices (Banner)
A: Login to the portal. The applications you have access to can be found in the Campus Apps section, on the left side of the portal page.
Q: How do I enter my log-on credentials for an application under the Campus Applications section?
A:To edit your credentials, follow the steps below,
Q: Do I need to sign into any of the applications once I login?
- 1. Select the Campus Applications Section, click on Edit Preferences
- 2. Click the Edit App icon, located on the right side of the application icon.
- 3. Then enter your username and password.
- 4. Click the Submit button.
- 5. Follow the steps above to enter your credentials for another application.
A: Faculty or staff, will have to enter their Lotus Notes Web Mail log-on credentials when they first log on to the portal and save them. Subsequent logins will not require entering your log-on credentials. If you change your lotus notes password you will have to re-enter your credentials for email in the portal
Q: How do I post a message to the discussion board?
A: To post a message on the discussion board,
- 1. Go to My community by clicking on the welcome link on the top right side of the page.
- 2.From the welcome link, click on My places and then My community. There you can post your messages in the places provided.